Hit a six or get bowled out! - THE IPL QUIZ
By Knowledge Tribe
For answers to the quiz, click here.
1. This sportsperson from Wales played for the international team at the U-18, U-19 and U-21levels, and played in the Surrey league. What is his connection with the IPL?
2. Which IPL team’s catchment areas are Kashmir, Jammu, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana; as is evident from the letters appearing in the following sequence on its logo – ‘KJHPH’?
3. Which bowler has taken the highest number of wickets cumulatively across all IPL seasons (2008-2017)?
4. Which player has scored the maximum number of runs, 4540 to be specific, across all IPL seasons till 2017?
5. Which team is going to play the opening match of IPL 2018 against Mumbai Indians?
6. Who has been roped in by Chennai Super Kings as their bowling coach for the 2018 season?
7. Which company closely associated with Indian cricket, has been announced as the official umpire partner for the 2018 season?
8. Which IPL team would you associate with this mascot called ‘Moochu Singh’?
9. Which player won the IPL 2008 orange cap, the first ever?
10. Out of all the IPL teams that are taking part in 2018 edition, which team has not been a part of any IPL Final till date?
11. The Dabur Group has a stake in which IPL team?
12. Which IPL team was co-owned by Rendezvous Sports World and had Mahela Jayawardene as its captain, in the 2011 season?
13. If Vivo is the current and DLF was the first, who was in the middle?
14. With which IPL team would you associate the ‘Sudarshan Chakra’ and the colours of the Indian flag?
15. Who is the only player in IPL history to have played both the 1st match and the 500th match of IPL?
16. This match was tied between the following teams. Both played out the super over format to break the tie, but to the surprise of everyone, even that ended in a tie. However, Rajasthan Royals were declared the winners. On which basis?
17. Here we can see Deepika Padukone with the contestants of a tv show which was started by KKR, to choose its cheerleaders. What was it called?
18. Dappan Koothu is a folk dance and music genre with an emphasis on percussion, performed in Southern India. The theme song of an IPL team, composed by the duo of Arvind-Shankar, showcases the street dance form of Dappan Koothu. Which famous theme song is this?
19. This wicketkeeper has the best bowling figures in IPL history. He has bowled only one ball and in that, he was able to get the wicket of Harbhajan Singh. Which wicketkeeper is this?
20. A talented ensemble of artists worked on this - South African filmmaker Dan Mace, music director Raajeev V. Bhalla and vocalist Siddharth Basrur. It came out in five different languages. What is being talking about?